Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The simple things

Holding hands with my husband at church on Sunday, I was struck with how such simple acts can bring such peace and happiness into my life. Everything was just so right as I sat there with my husband,holding hands, listening to the Primary children sing their songs and present their parts for the Primary Program. I spent the rest of Sunday thinking of simple pleasures. These are my simple pleasures:
  • My husband's daily phone call at lunch just to see how my day is going. And then his daily phone call as he leaves work to let me know he's on his way home to see "his woman".
  • Katelyn's hugs because she finishes her hugs with the same little "mm" sound she has done since she was a toddler.
  • Carson's mischievious grin that gives him away long before we actually discover what he has done--this is so like his dad.
  • The colors of the trees in Spokane right now.
  • The beautiful stars that are shining in the sky when I'm out running in the morning.

Finding joy in the simple things...I try to reflect on these at the end of every day and thank my Heavenly Father for blessing me so.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Thanks for the format change.