Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Out of the blue--almost

My little Honda Civic is my mom/work/run-around do errands car. It is a trooper. Unfortunately, because of its job description it looks more like it should belong to Oscar Madison than to Felix Unger. Sad, but true. Yesterday I had to take it to the emissions testing place--making my tabs $58 to renew (43 for the tabs and 15 for the test), but I digress. Anyway as I was waiting for my results, the nice young man who did the test casually asks, "So, what ward are you in?" How did he know I was Mormon? Could it have been my below-the-knee length shorts or maybe I just had that extra "twinkle" in my eye that set me apart? Then I realized that it probably had more to do with the 3 sets of scriptures and the Aaronic Priesthood booklet in the back seat. Well at least he had pretty good deduction skills and didn't ask the question entirely out of the blue.

No comments: