Thursday, August 7, 2008

I love my legs

My legs are awesome! This week I have required a lot from my legs and they have been there the whole way without complaint. Monday there was a 23 mile bike ride with a gruesome 1.5 mile hill--nary a complaint from my legs. The bike ride was immediately followed by a 1+ mile swim and while my arms were griping, my legs just kept on kicking. Tuesday was a 5+ mile run and my legs carried me over the run with a nice even pace. Again we went for a 1+ mile swim and while my arms were still a little grumpy, my legs never gave any indication that they couldn't handle whatever I asked of them. Wednesday was supposed to be a recovery day for my wonderful legs, but plans changed once we started running. We hit the hills and wound up going 6 hilly miles. My legs stuck with me and even though my lungs were saying "enough", my little legs just kept on truckin. Today I asked my legs to take me on another 23 mile bike ride and they did great. Up the hill without a problem and back. Then my legs took me on a little walk after the bike ride. I wish I could say that my legs are going to get a break, but we are heading to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone tomorrow. I envision a lot of hiking--a lot of it done at "DisneyWorld pace" (someday I'll have to post just what DisneyWorld pace is). Well legs, I promise that in a couple of weeks we'll go back and see Drashell for a really good massage. Until then you'll just have to enjoy the ice baths and stretching after the workouts.

No comments: