Friday, September 2, 2016

Blogging Fail

Back in June I tried to commit to blogging at least once a week. I think that lasted about 2 weeks. Then it was July and I only blogged once so I thought I would commit to blogging at least once a month. That worked for July. Then it was August and I missed August. August. The sunset of summer when I should have totally been blogging about all of the summer activities. And there were some big summer activities this summer. But I just didn't get it done.

And now it is September and I need to at least blog about the summer's biggest event

Katelyn's wedding!

She married Michael David Rush on August 12th. They were sealed in the Ogden Utah temple on a gorgeous August afternoon. She looked stunning and was so happy to be married to Michael. There were lots of sweet moments that day...her picture with her brother, her picture with her dad, when she asked her dad to dance at the wedding reception. Each one of those moments left me with teary eyes.


I'll tell you it is strange transition to have a married child. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't filled with a lot of bittersweet emotions. But in the end, what really matters is that she is happy and that Michael seems to be a good fit for her. 

At the reception they had a box for attendees to leave marriage advice. I was busy and didn't get a chance to write down my advice. If I had this is what I would have said...
Love each other enough to be each other's biggest cheerleader
Love each other enough to speak the hard truth
Love each other enough to be kick each other in the butt to get moving if needed
Love each other enough to extend grace at the most trying of times


No comments: