Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving Memories

Thanksgiving 2014
Another wonderful family get-together
Where one wonders how all the family dynamics will shake out.
I'm happy to report that everyone was on their best behavior
Meltdowns were avoided
And good memories were made.
 
Some of my favorites include:
 
  • The every other year tradition of seeing a movie and going to dinner on Friday after Thanksgiving. This year we saw Big Hero 6. I always enjoy Disney movies and this one didn't disappoint.
  • Raking leaves with my dad on Saturday afternoon.
  • My 3-year old niece crying to her mom after her dad got after her for pulling on her baby sister..."Momma, daddy is bossing me." Her momma responds, "Daddy can boss you. He is the boss." And then the best comeback ever,"Nuh huh. You are the real boss."
  • Carson expressing his appreciation for being home by saying "You know, homes are so much cozier than dorms."
 
My family may be large
And a bit quirky
But I love when we can all get together.
Looking forward to the next time
And hopefully at that time
All of us will be able to make it.

No comments: