Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Teaching the Littles

One of my callings right now at church is working in the nursery.
I'm actually in junior nursery so I have the little littles that are 18 months to not quite 3.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this calling.
It's been a long time since I've served in nursery.
The last time was when Carson was in nursery.
He's now 18.
It's been awhile.
 
The primary president was so grateful that I agreed to serve in the nursery.
The moms of the littles have said,
"Thank you for being here. I can't believe you said yes."
"Oh, but it's wonderful" I say
"Mostly because it is not my every day life."
"You have to live this every day but for the couple hours you get off on Sunday."
"I can understand how you might go a little crazy."
 
Here is what I love:
I love the jabbers and trying to interpret what they all mean.
I love how they want to sit on my lap so I can read them a story.
I love that they love to sing and dance with me.
I love that they will let me hold them if they are sad.
I love their smiles.
I love their independent natures.
I love that they know Jesus.
 
I'm grateful to be serving in nursery right now.
The littles are certainly a bright spot in my week.
 
 

No comments: