Sunday, April 27, 2014

Quotes of Comfort for My Journey

Every mile earned, never given.

I don't need easy, just possible.

Keep your dreams just out of reach, not unreachable.


The first two were quotes that I saw frequently along my marathon route. I would repeat them to myself as I could feel the discouragement and fatigue set in. The last quote I had read a couple of weeks previous and that one also echoed through my mind during those last long 16.2 miles. I don't know that I am usually motivated (or comforted for that matter) by quotes, but I during my run I did find comfort and motivation in these quotes. I think the became embedded in my psyche and pushed me forward when I didn't think I could go on.

Then today during sacrament meeting those same quotes came back into focus as I listened to the speakers share their messages about discipleship. Becoming a true disciple of Christ isn't always easy, but it is possible. It will take courage, determination, and faith. There will certainly be times (and there already have been many) when movement along the path towards Christ will be an earned moment. I know that becoming like Christ and returning to live with my Savior and God, my Heavenly Father is a goal that right now is just out of reach. However, as I turn to Jesus and seek after Him, those goals of discipleship and eternal life are attainable through Jesus Christ;  how comforting it is to know that those goals are not unreachable.

On this Sabbath day, may you find comfort and joy in knowing that Christ is with us every day. He guides us through our journey here below; sometimes making us earn that forward progress, but making all things possible through Him.

No comments: