Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy National Running Day

Today was National Running Day.

Follow this link, http://rwdaily.runnersworld.com/2012/06/its-national-running-day-so-heres-a-video-of-us-running-in-costumes.html to see how the folks at Runner's World celebrated. Don't worry, it's G-rated.

I was afraid that my celebratory run was going to be a bust because it has been a horrible, blustery fall spring day.

But the winds died down. The rain stopped. And the sun even tried to poke through the clouds. So no excuses. I had to get out there and run.

And that's just what I did. 5.25 miles. Longest run I have done since my half-marathon three weeks ago. It was a great run. I felt light on my feet and smooth. Since I didn't really have a set distance or time I was going, I just ran until I felt like going home. That turned out to be 5 miles. It was nice and filled my evening with joy.

I hope that everyone can find something that fills their days and evening with joy. Even if it's not running.

No comments: