Monday, August 2, 2010

I Got the Bird Today

Dave and I went for a bike ride this evening around the Saltese loop. On the way home, we got the "bird". It was given to us by some guy driving a beat-up brown Chevy pick-up. The funny thing is Dave didn't notice it at all and I only noticed it because I glanced up just after he passed me. If his flipping us off was supposed to upset us, it certainly didn't work. I wasn't mad or offended. He's flashing of the sign certainly won't keep me off of the road. I wonder what he was trying to accomplish. I am sure he was trying to show his frustration about something, but frustration about what I am not sure. Dave and I were riding single file. We were as far to the right as possible (the road did not have any shoulder to ride on), and we were riding at a relatively decent pace. I hope that his giving us a "three finger salute" brought some sort of peace to his life. He must have been having a really bad day. And I'm grateful that he only felt the need to give us the finger instead of trying to hit us.

No comments: