Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What Running is NOT

Hard running/training does not...
  • provide relief from menstrual cramps
  • diminish, decrease or eliminate menstrual cycle

Sometimes I really hate that my body is the exception to most rules. This morning was a 8 mile tempo run. Took a baby aspirin before I went out. About mile 5 really started to feel like crap. Got the miles and tempo pace just right, but almost couldn't drive home because of the pain. Got home, tried a hot shower, heating pad, hydrocodone, throwing up...NOTHING worked to make me feel better. Honestly thought I was going to pass out from the pain. Almost worse than labor. After about 3 hours finally was able to fall asleep. Woke up and felt a little better except now I am totally dehydrated so will spend the rest of the day drinking fluids.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

You TRIED throwing up? Can you do that on command?

bell family said...

yucky for you. By the way just keep jogging keeps me laughing and keeps me going.

Nurse Graham said...

wasn't trying to throw up, but since i was i hoped it would help me feel better.

jessica said...

Oh that sounds HORRIBLE! I can't make myself throw up. I have tried but can't do it...