Tuesday, July 14, 2009

M.I.A.

Where have I been? I can't believe it is the middle of July already. Truth be told, I have given up a lot of my blogging time so that I can devote myself to watching the biggest time-suck in July--the Tour de France. I watch the live broadcast at 5 a.m.; then the re-broadcasts throughout the day (just in case I missed anything); and finally, the expanded coverage that airs every night at 8 p.m. I am obsessed with this bike race. I can't find the words to describe how much I get drawn into the race. This year has been particularly intriguing with the return of Lance Armstrong. I can't wait to see what happens in the Alps. Will Lance follow the plan and be a worker-bee or will he go for the win again? What will Team Columbia and Team Garmin do to counter-act the strength of Team Astana? Will some dark horse be discovered on the slopes of the Alps and steal away Astana's glory? There has already been so much drama in the first 10 days. I'm full of anticipation for the remaining stages. I just wish that all I had to do was sit home and watch all of the broadcasts of the Tour. But, I am also a Mom In Action, most of which involves taking Katelyn to tennis camp and driver's ed, along with fulfilling church obligations as I am now in the Relief Society Presidency. So no promises on when I might blog again, but maybe on Thursday. Tomorrow is way too busy with tennis, driver's ed, running, biking, shopping (we'll see how fruitful this adventure will be), and seeing Harry Potter.

No comments: