Thursday, July 23, 2009

Is This Totally Irreverant?

Today I road tested a new bike. It is a tri bike (time trial bike) as opposed to the road bike I currently ride. There are a few differences, mainly you stay in the aero position for most of the ride and your shifters are out in front. It also doesn't corner quite as well as a road bike and the tires are more of a racing tire. Unfortunately for me as I was out riding it started to rain. I had just finished a big climb and was facing a pretty twisty descent and me, not being a fast descender, was a little nervous about being on this new bike and facing wet roads. So I said a little prayer that the rain would stop so that I could get down the hill without worrying about wet roads. Okay, so the prayer was really more of a pleading, but the rain did stop. I was so grateful. In fact, I showed my gratitude by stating out loud, "Heavenly Father, You ROCK!" Then I thought that maybe that wasn't very respectful so I said more quietly, "Thank you Heavenly Father for hearing my plea and stopping the rain." PS The bike was great.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

That's fantastic! And I'm sure that the Big Guy wasn't offended at all. Did you get the bike? (Is that the one from the pictures?)