Thursday, January 7, 2016

A Year for Giving and Growing


Generosity must be fearless,
 
because to give freely,
 
is a mighty vulnerable thing
 
 
 
I don't know who to attribute that quote to other than give a shout-out to Pinterest.
 
This idea that "generosity must be fearless" resonated with me
I thought it was a confirmation that I had picked the right focus word.
And then I read
"Because to give freely, is a might vulnerable thing."
 
I consider myself to be pretty fearless.
I don't particularly enjoy activities that might lead to say...
a shark encounter
careening down a mountain
potential death
But I will usually participate if it doesn't appear that death is imminent.
 
But I really don't like activities that leave me feeling not in control.
It is harder for me to participate in things where I cannot be in control.
I think that is what makes me uncomfortable with the second half of the quote.
I can give freely
But I have absolutely no control over how the gift is received.
That leaves me open to two of my biggest fears...
rejection
ridicule
 
But I am going to move forward
Dauntless in my efforts to be
Generous
and
Give freely
 
I will choose the positive

No comments: