Friday, November 20, 2015

Snuggle Up a Little Closer

Tuesday the wind blew harder than I have ever seen.
Trees were uprooted.
Power lines and substations were knocked out.
I was even hit on the head by a small pinecone missile as I walked across the parking lot.
I am always in awe of the damage that acts of nature can inflict.
 
We were left to languish in the dark for 48 hours.
Worse things could have happened.
We could have lost a fence
But we didn't.
We could have lost much of our roof.
We lost six shingles.
We could have had been left completely without heat and water.
But we have a gas fireplace and water heater.
We could have been hungry.
But we had food in the cupboard
And we had the means to eat out as well.
 
We were blessed and watched over.
During this time, we snuggled together
as a family
under a huge pile of blankets
in front of the fireplace.
 
As I see reports from across our city, my heart is filled
with gratitude and a desire to do more.
 
And as I watch the world news, I want to snuggle may family
just a little bit more and hold them a little closer.


1 comment:

Mom said...

Your dad is still w/o power. Tried sleeping with Mia.