Wednesday, February 4, 2015

God Strengthens and Uplifts

My good friend's father is fighting cancer.
I don't think the battle is going too well.
The days are rough.
He is tired.
His wife keeps everyone up-dated through Facebook.
From what I read, they remain faithful that God is with them.
They recognize His hand in all of the details.
Today He was with them in guiding their devotional reading.
He was with the pre-op nurse who heard the phrase:
"If I don't make it, I'll see you in heaven"
and she offered to pray with them before his surgery.
He was with the surgeon who took out the tangled, messed up feeding tube
and replaced it with a new one.
The faith of my friend, her father, and her mother strengthens my faith.
They walk daily by faith.
And through their faith, see God in all of the details.
They have confidence that the outcome, whatever it may be, will be well with God
because He has guided them through this journey.

No comments: